If you are interested in submitting a fish for the Gill Street extension, here is the timeframe:
1. July 12 by 5 pm - deadline to submit fish sketches electronically to email@example.com or deliver on a thumb drive to 207 Grand Avenue. If you'd like to "draw" directly onto the "wall" feel free to download an image below. (Thank you Lindsay Olson for providing these!)
2. July 12 by 5 pm - deadline to submit for the Artist Registry. Please send the following electronically or on a thumb drive:
a. A cover letter explaining why you are excited to be involved with the Laramie Mural Project
b. A resume
c. Up to five samples of past work
3. Between July 13 and the 18th the Design Team of original Gill Street artists and artist not applying to the call will meet to review the submissions and finalize the design/layout using a consensus process.
4. There will be an opportunity for a group meeting and critique July 20 or 21.
5. Artist invited to paint a mural will be invited to sign a contract and have access to the wall July 24 - August 24. Stipends will be confirmed at this time.
6. August 25 - mural dedication party, 6:30 to 9 pm in the parking lot behind Gill Street.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, need help or want to brainstorm an idea. We are here to cheerlead for you and make this a rewarding experience!
Results of Previous Calls:
Local Laramie artist June Glasson was chosen for the Hot Power Mural at Third and Clark and will be working on it this summer starting the first week of May.
Laramie artist Favian Hernandez was chosen for the indoor mural in the children's reading area at the Albany County Public Library. This mural will be complete summer 2017.
The Cooper Center for Creative Arts is working with the mural artists to consult on the process of creating a mural on their building for summer 2017.